Thursday 26 February 2015

Task 1 Letter: Perfect example 5



You would like to buy some electrical goods at a shop in a town which is far from your home.
Write a letter to the manager of the shop. In your letter:
  • say which electrical goods you want
  • ask questions about the cost of the goods and how to pay
  • explain how you will collect the goods.
Write at least 150 words.
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to enquire if you have some electrical items that I need to purchase. I have tried to find these in the shops in my town but the options here are very limited and I have not been able to find what I need.
The first item I need is an external Blu-ray drive, preferably Sony, and a Smartphone with a 12 megapixel camera. I am also looking for a printer which combines copying and scanning functions. If these items are available, could you please keep them for me at the shop as I would like to collect them in person when I visit the town next week. I would also like to know if it is possible to pay online with PayPal or by telephone with a credit card, or if I can pay when I pick up the goods.

I would really appreciate it if you could reply to my enquiry as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully,
John Johnson





********************************************

Read other available IELTS Writings :

********************************************

Task 1, Letters: 

Letter 1 
Letter 2 
Letter 3 
Letter 4 
Letter 5 
Letter 6 
Letter 7 
Letter 8 
Letter 9 
Letter 10 
Letter 11 
Letter 12 
Letter 13 

Task 1, Graph descriptions:

Graph 1 
Graph 2 
Graph 3 

Task 2, Essays:

Essay 1 
Essay 2 
Essay 3 
Essay 4 
Essay 5 
Essay 6 
Essay 7 
Essay 8 
Essay 9 
Essay 10 
Essay 11 
Essay 12 
Essay 13 
Essay 14 
Essay 15 
Essay 16 
Essay 17 
Essay 18 
Essay 19 
Essay 20 
Essay 21 
Essay 22 
Essay 23 
Essay 24 
Essay 25 
Essay 26 

IELTS writing tips:

Chris Green's IELTS essay writing advices 
Essay: 3 WAYS TO WRITE THE INTRODUCTION 
Essays IELTS Topics 2014 
IELTS Essays writing tips 
Task Essays: tips 
IELTS writing tips 
IELTS Letter Writing – Useful Words & Expressions 
IELTS Writing: Articles  

Stage, Suggested time (Total 40 minutes) 
Identifying question types for Writing Task 2 
Argument essay - general information and examples  
Discussion essay - general information and example 
Planning your Writing Task 2 essay 
Discussion essay question - point by point, how to write it 

IELTS Speaking:

IELTS Speaking - topics, part 2 

IELTS General tips:

IELTS useful words 
Preparation to IELTS 

No comments:

Post a Comment