Friday 13 February 2015

[Letter 8] IELTS Task 1 Letter: holiday job



Write at least 150 words.

You have seen an advertisement in an English newspaper for a job working in the City Museum shop during the holidays. You decide to apply for the job. Write a letter to the director of the Museum. In your letter:
   introduce yourself
   explain what experience and special skills you have
   explain why you are interested in the job

Dear Sir,

I am writing to express my interest in the shop assistant position in the City Museum during the holidays.

My name is Michael and I am a full-time 4th year student at the Technical University. During my holidays I do not have classes so I am able to work full-time. I used to work in my mother's shop where I gained all skills necessary to work as an assistant. In addition, I am mathematically gifted so I will not have any problems with counting money. Besides that, I have a strong level of soft skills and have very good rapport with clients, especially difficult ones.

I would really like to be a professional salesperson and work in a shop where it is possible to meet different kinds of people as I believe it can be very useful and educational. I am inclined to believe that hard work is the best way to improve my qualifications in this area.

I hope you will take my application into consideration and I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Yours faithfully,
Michael Abc
(190 words)





********************************************

Read other available IELTS Writings :

********************************************

Task 1, Letters: 

Letter 1 
Letter 2 
Letter 3 
Letter 4 
Letter 5 
Letter 6 
Letter 7 
Letter 8 
Letter 9 
Letter 10 

Task 1, Graph descriptions:

Graph 1 
Graph 2 
Graph 3 

Task 2, Essays:

Essay 1 
Essay 2 
Essay 3 
Essay 4 
Essay 5 
Essay 6 
Essay 7 
Essay 8 
Essay 9 
Essay 10 
Essay 11 
Essay 12 
Essay 13 
Essay 14 
Essay 15 
Essay 16 
Essay 17 
Essay 18 
Essay 19 
Essay 20 
Essay 21 

IELTS writing tips:

Chris Green's IELTS essay writing advices 
Essay: 3 WAYS TO WRITE THE INTRODUCTION 
Essays IELTS Topics 2014 
IELTS Essays writing tips 
Task Essays: tips 
IELTS writing tips 
IELTS Letter Writing – Useful Words & Expressions 
IELTS Writing: Articles  

IELTS Speaking:

IELTS Speaking - topics, part 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment