Friday 13 February 2015

[Letter 6] Letter: Move to a new city



Task 1
You will move to a new city for work. You know some people who live there.

    Ask them for help finding accommodation

    Tell them where you would like to live

    Tell them the type of place you are looking for

You do NOT need to write your own address. Begin your letter as follows:


Dear Sir,

My name is Michael Abc and I am your friend John’s son. As you probably know we live in Warsaw but in the near future I plan to move to Berlin for work.

My German is quite good but I do not know the city at all so I would be grateful if you could help me find a nice place to stay for a couple of weeks  until I find more permanent lodgings..I expect that rent prices are very high in Berlin but seeing as I don’t have full time work yet it would probably  be best for me to rent a flat somewhere in the suburbs as I imagine the prices are lower there. Besides the costs, I need to take into account public transport to the city center as I expect to find a job in the CBD.

I think a small one room flat will be big enough for me to start off with.. I do however have a fear of heights so my apartment must not be higher than the 6th floor. In addition, I need a fully equipped kitchen .  (In addition the kitchen needs to be fully equipped as I don't have any kitchen utensils of my own)

I hope you can help me and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Michael





********************************************

Read other available IELTS Writings :

********************************************

Task 1, Letters: 

Letter 1 
Letter 2 
Letter 3 
Letter 4 
Letter 5 
Letter 6 
Letter 7 
Letter 8 
Letter 9 
Letter 10 

Task 1, Graph descriptions:

Graph 1 
Graph 2 
Graph 3 

Task 2, Essays:

Essay 1 
Essay 2 
Essay 3 
Essay 4 
Essay 5 
Essay 6 
Essay 7 
Essay 8 
Essay 9 
Essay 10 
Essay 11 
Essay 12 
Essay 13 
Essay 14 
Essay 15 
Essay 16 
Essay 17 
Essay 18 
Essay 19 
Essay 20 
Essay 21 

IELTS writing tips:

Chris Green's IELTS essay writing advices 
Essay: 3 WAYS TO WRITE THE INTRODUCTION 
Essays IELTS Topics 2014 
IELTS Essays writing tips 
Task Essays: tips 
IELTS writing tips 
IELTS Letter Writing – Useful Words & Expressions 
IELTS Writing: Articles  

IELTS Speaking:

IELTS Speaking - topics, part 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment