Friday 13 February 2015

[Letter 9] IELTS Task 1: Letter - training course



Your company sent you on a training course in another country and at the end of the training you got a certificate which you have lost.

Write a letter to the course organiser and tell him/her:

·         How you lost your certificate.

·         Why you need the certificate now.

·         What you need him to do for you.



Dir Sir/Madam,

I am writing to enquire as to whether you could issue me with another certificate for the Finance course which I completed in October 2014. At the end of the course I was given a certificate but unfortunately I lost it somewhere on the plane when I was flying back home from Greece. I only remember showing it to a stewardess but I must have forgotten to put it in my bag. Unfortunately I must have left it behind me on the plane on my way home.

This certificate is extremely important for me and the company I work for because we need to show it to our clients. In addition, without it my company will not be allowed to take part in the public auction which will also cost us a lot of money.

I trust that  all the information you need to replace the certificate is in your records. I would be grateful if you could, send a pdf copy via email to my company, the email address is as follows: aaa@company.com.
(I would be grateful if you could send a hard copy to my home address as well as a PDF copy by email to the following email)

I hope you can help me and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours failthfully,
Michael Abc
(202 words)





********************************************

Read other available IELTS Writings :

********************************************

Task 1, Letters: 

Letter 1 
Letter 2 
Letter 3 
Letter 4 
Letter 5 
Letter 6 
Letter 7 
Letter 8 
Letter 9 
Letter 10 

Task 1, Graph descriptions:

Graph 1 
Graph 2 
Graph 3 

Task 2, Essays:

Essay 1 
Essay 2 
Essay 3 
Essay 4 
Essay 5 
Essay 6 
Essay 7 
Essay 8 
Essay 9 
Essay 10 
Essay 11 
Essay 12 
Essay 13 
Essay 14 
Essay 15 
Essay 16 
Essay 17 
Essay 18 
Essay 19 
Essay 20 
Essay 21 

IELTS writing tips:

Chris Green's IELTS essay writing advices 
Essay: 3 WAYS TO WRITE THE INTRODUCTION 
Essays IELTS Topics 2014 
IELTS Essays writing tips 
Task Essays: tips 
IELTS writing tips 
IELTS Letter Writing – Useful Words & Expressions 
IELTS Writing: Articles  

IELTS Speaking:

IELTS Speaking - topics, part 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment